Hit Songwriting Course | Nashville
Have you ever wondered why the songs that you write are good but industry people still tell you they don’t sound like hits? Have you read songwriting books and watched all the tutorials on Youtube without them actually making any real difference? This top-line songwriting course tells you what other sources either don’t know or don’t want to give away – the concepts shared here are designed to finally bring the hit songwriter out in you. If you want to learn how to write hits fit for today’s artists or yourself, there is no better way than our hit songwriting course here in Nashville.
Writing Top Line
- Learning how to craft powerful melodies and lyric ideas for your tracks.
- Understanding harmony and melody movement.
Great Lyric Writing
- Get the most out of your writing by understanding how to craft more emotive and detailed lyrics.
- What makes a lyric relatable, how to choose interesting concepts in today’s industry. How to twist the common topics and lyrical safe bets that work every time.
In-depth Melody and Harmony
- Using music theory for melodies.
- Understanding melody patterns in pop music.
- Harmonic and melodic intervals.
- Different methods to start a top line – melody or lyric first?
- Finding your own style and feet (creative exercises).
The Business End
- Analyze today’s billboard hits and some of the classics to understand the patterns in hit music writing.
- Pitching, Publishing, and PR.
- Pitching your songs to artists on the latest watchlists.
- What do the briefings mean? How to ‘decode’ them and know your audience.
- Tips, tricks and politics for a songwriter.
- Track examples from different camps.
- What works and what gets used.
- Understanding the different types of royalties, publishing deals, splits etc.
- How to brand and market yourself and your music using social media.
Studio collaboration – Write an original top-line to a project which could be pitched to the artist.
We run weekday, weekend and evening classes. For schedule details, contact us.
To see our London and Online offerings, click here.