Sound Design & Synthesis Course | Nashville
Thanks to the Sound Design and Synthesis course found in our offer, you will be able to take full control of music. We believe that no one should be limited by presets or sample packs and that’s why we have created this course. Once you complete this course, you will know how to alter, manipulate and make your own unique sounds from the beginning to the end. In addition, you will be able to get additional 15% out of the presets that appear to be okay, but not great.
Our basic objective is to provide the required knowledge and experience to every student so they can program and create sounds in literally every style with the help of a wide range of production and synthesis techniques. Do you want to finish the eight-bar loops that are sitting on the hard drive for ages? Take this course. The same goes for the intermediate students who are looking for a way to improve their knowledge.
Our course is here to assist you on your journey to find out how to create the sounds you have in you from the beginning to the end. After that, you will be able to use them in any music genre. Our lessons are packed with productions advice, tips and tricks on how to enhance the electronic music production.
Take this course if you want to gain skills that people can apply to any kind of drum machine, sampler and/or synth. Let yourself grow and let us arm you with the comprehension and confidence that you need to master any vst or soft synth.
We provide interactive lessons and we advise our students to ask relevant questions and share their ideas and thoughts with the rest of the class. We would like to point out that this course relies on Logic and Ableton Live. However, you will fit in well regardless of your DAW record. The course lasts for 36 hours.
We are aware that many students nowadays want to use their laptops during the classes. That’s why we have introduced some changes that let students do that. Additionally, if any student wants to use an iMac that comes with the necessary software, there is an added supplement of $50. Remember that we are offering more available spaces that available iMac so book yours in a timely manner. You can’t ask for a refund. Every student will get an audio interface, headphones and controller keyboard.
- Course introduction and overview
- Audio and MIDI fundamentals
- Envelopes, frequency, phase and waveform displays and more
- An introduction to spectral analysis and oscilloscopes
- Synthesising, sampling, layering, and processing drums with Ultrabeat
- The history and foundations of analog synthesis
- Oscillators, waveforms, filters, amps, and LFOs
- How to make basses, pads, leads, and FX using only limited tools
- How to make your presets work for you
- Advanced subtractive techniques
- Oscillator Sync, ring modulation and more
- Wavetable synthesis – Internal routing, layering & tuning oscillators and making kinetic sounds
- Customizable LFOs, waveshaping, sample rate reduction and distortion
- Endless modulation possibilities!
- Audio-rate modulation of oscillators, amplitude, and filters
- Getting to grips with frequency modulation synthesis
- Using EFM1 and Operator to make huge expressive pads to digital basses
- Advanced arpeggiating
- FM8’s modulation matrix and breakpoint envelopes
Sampling, Granular and more
- Granular and Additive Synthesis
- Absynth, Razor, Reaktor, Kontakt and more
- Manipulating recording beyond recognition
- Sampling and Resampling in your DAW
- Vocoding basics
Reaktor, Modular Synthesis, and Production Techniques
- An introduction to Reaktor, building, and editing pre-existing ensembles
- Drum machines, sequencers, effects and synths
- Eurorack modular synthesis on our very own modular system
- Advanced production techniques
Schedules in red or black correspond to the info in the key just below. Prices start black, then go to red, then back to black before they are fully booked, so if you see a schedule you like, grab it now! There’s also 10% off for each additional course you book in the future.
101: $799 | 201: $799 | Both: $1199 if booked, paid, and taken together
101: $699 | 201: $699 | Both: $999 if booked, paid, and taken together
Wednesday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7, 14. 201: February 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21, 28
Saturdays at Noon | 12 – 3
101: March 31, April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5. 201: May 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16
Spring Boot Camp | 11 – 6
101: April 16, 17, 18. 201: April 19, 20, 21
Monday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: June 18, 25, July 9, 16, 23, 30. 201: August 6, 13, 20, 27, September 3, 10
Summer Boot Camp | 11 – 6
101: August 27, 28, 29. 201: 30, 31, September 1
Tuesday Evenings | 7.30 – 10.30
101: September 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23. 201: October 30, November 6, 13, 27, December 4, 11
Saturday Afternoons | 3.30 – 6.30
101: September 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27. 201: November 3, 10, 17, December 1, 8, 15
Saturdays | 11 – 6
101: November 3, 10, 17. 201: December 1, 8, 15
Tuesdays and Thursdays at Noon | 12 – 3
101: November 6, 8, 13, 15, 27, 29. 201: December 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20
Winter Boot Camp | 11 – 6
101: December 17, 18, 19. 201: 20, 21, 22
To be in the loop when we release more dates, sign up to our newsletter towards the top right of this page. We don’t send many, you can easily unsubscribe, and we never share our data with anyone, ever.
Check out the student feedback from our Electronic Music Program in LA